Prev: Re: SST on TV Next: Re: Weapons interface conundra - SG2

RE: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:11:02 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

To add to Oerjan's comments,

Jon T explains in the rules that the Close Combat isn't just hand to
hand.
It is the activity that occurs in the last 10 to 50 meters of the enemy
position. This will include not only bayonet and butt but also hand
grenades
and full auto blind-fire! How does a Veteran take out 5 opponents?
Satchel
of grenades or a claymore mine thrown out of the pit, cower and hit the
clacker! No hand to hand involved! (The standard cable on Claymore is
only
30 m! 3" in SG rules)

I think you ned to keep in mind that all of Stargrunt is quite
generic/generalised. hand to hand is best covered in FMA Skirmish or
FMC. In
SGII we are worried about what teh platoon is doing and the Close Combat
is
a way of quickly handling the actions of one or two squads.

Another 2cents,

Owen G