Prev: Re: [Convention] Next: Re: More RFACs

Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:27:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat

Adrian wrote:

> >You are making the assumption that everyone lines up and charges
> >forwards in neat lines.  It ain't necessarily so.  Being
> >outnumbered in melee is generally fatal, but if you pick your
> >terrain well you may find a spot where they can't all get at you
> >at once.
>
>But that isn't how the rules work.  Either my squad makes it into HTH
>with your squad, or it doesn't.

Yes, it is how the rules work. You're forgetting the ground scale here:
1" ~10 meters, so the base of a single normal 25mm figure covers
something like 50 square  meters. There can be a lot of minor "terrain"
in that area which simply isn't represented on the table - but which
could, and would, be used to good effect by the "HTH" (ie, close
assault) combattants.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [Convention] Next: Re: More RFACs