Prev: RFACs - Adrian's Idea Next: Strike Boats...

Close Assault

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 02:20:02 -0500
Subject: Close Assault

Close Assault:
I buy the fact a single vet could kill a fair few guys. Maybe two or
three times his number, more if luck is with him. However, in a single
assault where he is that badly outnumbered, he ought to be made to
either roll off with each defender (or as I prefer) have his odds
shifted down. More attackers means guys to flank him, guys to fire at
him while others reload, guys to pick him off while he tries to take out
his attackers, etc. Numbers matter.... even in intense short range
combat. Quality counts, but quantity can counterbalance.

My suggestion is, for any given pairing of figure from side A and
multiple figures from side B, side A's dice is downshifted as the odds
get worse against him:

1:1    no shift
2:1    1 negative shift
3:1   2 negative shifts

FWIW, I also have a close combat modifier of +1 die shift for troops
specially trained for CQB. It reflects the fact that good troops that
spend a lot of time on this particular area are even better than good
troops without this extra emphasis.

Just my 0.02 (or 0.20 as is more likely).

T.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: RFACs - Adrian's Idea Next: Strike Boats...