Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Irregular Spaceship

Re: my web page of SSDs

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:17:43 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: my web page of SSDs

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Tony Francis wrote:

> GBailey@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I went ahead and did 2-4 SSDs per web page.  It also makes it easier
> > print out so they don't spill over to the right.  It isn't finished,
yet, I
> > still have
> > to add some SSDs under the Miscellaneous section. which will
probably
> > have more of the weird designs (which I'm going to do next so you
may
> > see stuff there anyway by the time you read this).
>
> I put my ship designs in text tables, with links to the SSDs - that
way the text
> file loads quickly and then SSDs can be loaded on demand. If someone
else wants
> to use my SSDs then they can download them singly and make up a custom
page of
> whatever ones they need for their fleet.

i'd second that; it means there are no big inline images to slow down
browsing, but the SSDs are available. you might also want to provide zip
files containing all the SSDs for each race/style (eg
federation-ssd.zip,
romulan-ssd.zip, etc), so that people who are after the lot can get them
easily.

tom

Prev: Re: [SG] Hand to Hand combat Next: Irregular Spaceship