Prev: Re: my web page of SSDs Next: Re: [FT] Repair hull?

RE: Re: More HBW stuff.

From: Graeme Bradbury <graeme.bradbury@b...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:33:11 -0000
Subject: RE: Re: More HBW stuff.

>Option A. Be able to fire the BPS's capacity. ie. class 2 BE and class
2 BPS.
>	(maximum 4 dice in one turn)
>Option B. Be able to fire the BPS's recharge. ie.class 1 BE and class 2
BPS.
>	(maximum 2 dice in one turn)

I see and agree with everything so far, but you lost me here. Can you
explain Opt. A and B better for me.

One BE could not be attached to 2 BPSs as my vesion of the rules
currently
read.

Okay take a class 4 BPS. per turn it produces 4 "energy points" but can
store up to
8 energy points. Now attach a class 4 BE. The beam emmitter can use up
to 8 energy
points. therefore can fire the full capacity of the BPS in one turn. The
total system
weighs 16 (Option A)

On the other hand if i chose to only attach a class 2 which can use 4
energy points.
Therefore can only fire the same amount the BPS charges each turn, but
the system
now only weighs 14 (Option B)

So option A has the variety. (ie. variable dice) whereas Option B has
the mass effieciency
but is almost garunteed to have max energy points stored when its  BPS
gets taken out by
the good ole threshold check.

One slightly related idea is how about, instead of purchasing extra arcs
for the BE,
purchasing extra storage for the BPS.

>The main thing with HBW's is their versatility. A Class 3 beam battery,
is
>always a class 3 battery. But an options A. class 3 HBW can choose to
>be a class 1 or 2 hbw for a while so it can be a class 4 or 5 or 6 hbw
>later on.

Agreed, and that's why I like the flavor.

Know what you mean. Can just picture this HBW gunner armed with two
buttons.
One marked "sun tan" the other marked "crispy fried" :-)

Graeme.

Prev: Re: my web page of SSDs Next: Re: [FT] Repair hull?