Prev: Re: New Station Model available Next: Kravak Scenario idea

Re: Translation Help (English-French)

From: Ludo Toen <Ludo.Toen@p...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:55:10 +0100
Subject: Re: Translation Help (English-French)

Thomas.Barclay wrote:

> Assault Rifle: Fusil Automatiq Leger (FAL)

That would be automatique. The more general term is "fusil d'assault".

> LMG/SAW: Mitrailleuse Miniature (Minimi)

Mitrailleuse légère

> Infantry Flamer: Projecteur, Flamme, Individuel (PFI)

I would go for "lance-flammes"

> Marksmans Rifle: Fusil de Tireur (FT)

A marksman is a "tireur d'élite", you can guess the rest.

> GMS: System, Missile, Personnel (SMP)

Système engin guidé?

> Body Armour: System, Protective, Personnel (SPP)

Vêtement protectif?

> Powered Armour: Proces Alimete Blinde (PAB)

Blindage de fantassin auto-propulsé!

> 6x6 AIFV: Vehicle, Alimente, Infanterie (VAI-20)

VCI (véhicule de combat, infanterie)

> If anyone can offer better/alternate ideas, you can reach me on-list
> or
> off-list as kaladorn@home.com

Not certain about the gender of most words and therefore about the
adjectifs used.

Ludo Toen

Prev: Re: New Station Model available Next: Kravak Scenario idea