Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat design

[DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:00:49 -0800
Subject: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Greetings, folks!

Here's a very basic first SWAG at starting a K'rathri TOE for DS2.
Since
(until this week) I've only been an FT player as far as GZG games are
concerned, I'd be interested in hearing comments and feedback over
various
aspects of the design system.  Mostly I'm interested in hearing specific
points concerning design playtesting and what does and does not work
effectively in DS2.  BTW, I'm fairly familiar with the comments and
concerns about Bolo (Ogre) designs, as I *have* been on this list for a
while <g>.

Basic K'rathri design parameter: high tech, emphasis on mobility with
mostly GEV or Grav movement.

Peregrine APC (154 pts + infantry cost)
=======================================
Size:2	Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
Weapons: APSW
Carries 2x Infantry or 1x Power Armor

Merlin IFV (214 pts + infantry cost)
=======================================
Size:2	Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
Weapons: GMS/H:S
	 APSW
Carries 1x Infantry

Falcon Main Battle Tank (377 pts)
=======================================
Size:3	Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
FiCon:Superior
Weapons: HEL/3, Full Turret
	 GMS/H:S
	 APSW

Nighthawk Assault Tank (323 pts)
=======================================
Size:3	Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:none
FiCon:Superior
Weapons: (2x)HEL/3, Full Turret
	 APSW

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
 email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
 StarFighter Command Homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat design