Prev: RE: FT: Strikeboat design Next: OrcCon Event news and Web Site update

Re: What? No way...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:19:50 +0100
Subject: Re: What? No way...

Adrian Johnson wrote:

>>>** We have tanks to loan someone else? (Well, a wheeled armoured
>>>vehicle isn't a tank, but for us Canucks it sure seems like the
>>>closest thing we've seen in a while).
>>
>>Apart from your Leopard CI's of course, but I suppose most of those
>>are in Bosnia nowadays :-/
>
> Actually, I not sure that we have any in Bosnia...

At least last week's JDW had a picture of a Canuck Leo C1 in Bosnia...
didn't say how old the pic was, though <g>

>They did take some to Kosovo, but again, only a few (4 or 8, I think).

But you only *have* a few, so even "a few" can be "most of those" ;-)
;-) ;-)

>We only have around a hundred Leopard CI's,

114 :-/

>The gov't has just announced an upgrade for the fleet, though, with a
>new turret, electronics, etc etc etc.

A new glasis plate would be nice too... none of the Leo I variants is
really designed to be shot at by another tank :-(

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: FT: Strikeboat design Next: OrcCon Event news and Web Site update