Prev: Re: [FTFB] ADFC ;-) Next: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

MAV (was Re: "Tanks, for the Memories")

From: PsyWraith@a...
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:11:57 EST
Subject: MAV (was Re: "Tanks, for the Memories")

For those who want to look at the requirements for the Army Chief of
Staff's
vision for a Medium Armored Vehicle (and medium-scale units), look to:

 http://sun00781.dn.net/man/dod-101/sys/land/mav.htm

Back in the 80's 9th Infantry Division was experimenting with the
motorized
infantry concept.  It was called the HTTB for High Technology TestBed
(also
known to the troops as "Here Try This Buddy!").  So this is not
unprecedented.

Chris Ruhl

In a message dated 2/7/00 5:57:03 PM Pacific Standard Time, los@cris.com