Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"

Modelling Q and a big thank you

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 01:07:26 -0500
Subject: Modelling Q and a big thank you

Two items:

1) A big thank you to persons forgotten (but list-ites for certain) who
recommended brake fluid to strip unwanted paint from minis. I stripped
some olive green primer (eeeeyecchhh) from some FSE figs to replace it
with my preferred primer using this method and was surprised with the
degree of effectiveness. A big thanks to all who recommended this (way
back when this came up last)!

2) Question: I now have said FSE figs... they are mounted on about 1/4"
diameter, 1/8" thick steel washers with (presumably) cyanoacrylate style
glue. I find this leads to problematic squad spacings (too big) and
makes figs tough to move in the forest. I want to mount them on pennies
(oops, don't tell the gov't ... it might be a felony)... as they give a
better base size. NOW the $64 Question: Is there a commonly available
solvent or other substance that will easily loosen cyanoacrylate?  I
want to remove these washers as painlessly as possible and using a
grinder or some other "overkill" method seems likely to lead to some
form of pewtercide... so I cast my bread upon the waters of the list and
await some informed answers. Speak ye, list-ites, on what chemical may
solve my problem! <No, Mr. McCarthy, cyanide or sedatives are not
acceptable answers....>

Thanking you all in advance!

Tom B
(BTW, you could please mail me offlist at kaladorn@home.com with any
bright suggestions... needless to say any less-than-bright suggestions
can be mailed to /dev/null... *grinning good naturedly*)

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"