Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you

Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 00:25:18 EST
Subject: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories"

In a message dated 2/6/00 11:19:45 PM Central Standard Time,
los@cris.com
writes:

<< Note that the intent
 is not to find a replacement for the Sheriden and other light vehilces,
 etc. but to create a whole new class of amored unit (hence the initial
 brigades) with punch and sustainment but with a much more rapid
 capability of deployment.  The rational being that hey heavy armor is
 nice but what good is it if you can't get it where you want it in time?

I hope this kind of equipment will hit the Armored Cavalry Regiments as
they
face losing their armor ot HUMMERS. Jeez - a hummer is a nice vehicle,
but
I'd sure rather have a Chaffee wrapped around me than a Hummer with a
flak
jacket's wort of Kevlar between me and sharp objects.

Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: Re: Modelling Q and a big thank you