Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"

Re: Tank vision systems

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 00:34:44 -0000
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew Apter <apter@prodigy.net>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2000 4:38 AM

> Take fifty years of technology and add it to the equation and you have
tanks
> with the semi organic Mark-3 eye ball of there own. The tanker still
gets
> out to guide the tank into camo or cover. SNIP
Some of the Scottish Republic's tanks retain the traditional "Chinese
Eyes"
(as
traditionally painted on chinese shipping) painted on the turret (a
tradition going back to the First World War and D Battalion, the Tank
Corps
(originally D Company, Heavy Section, Machine Gun Corps, thus the 1st
ever
tank unit in action, and latterly 4th Royal Tank Regiment).  In the few
heavy grav tanks making up the elite of our armoured forces, these are
in
fact part of the sensor suite...

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: "Tanks, for the Memories" Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"