Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"

OT, Cont. Re: On the Care and Feeding of Clone Corps

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 10:51:16 -0600
Subject: OT, Cont. Re: On the Care and Feeding of Clone Corps

***
Speaking of conditioning, check out the movie "Soldier" with Kurt
Russell.
Great movie and it gives some interesting insight into the results of
extreme conditioning of human soldiers from birth through adulthood and
what
happens when they are no longer needed.

Mike
***

Topic has a fairly impressive history in sci-fi(sic). There was the
Outer
Limits episode starring Michael Ansara as a warrior from the future, and
one of my favorites, Joe Haldeman's Forever War, which might be
subtitled
One Vietnam Vet's answer to Starship Troopers.

Natch, since starting this note, I've forgotten a few that came to mind.
;->= The results of hyper-trained soldiers attempting to re-enter
'society'
varied from subtle to catastrophic.

Alas, this will probably only be of use with the release of SG:RPG...

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: RE: "Tanks, for the Memories"