Prev: Re: [DS2] Heavy Gears, redux . . . Next: GZG ECC III - Room needed?

Re: Far Stars Union Pages and a little more

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 19:54:25 EST
Subject: Re: Far Stars Union Pages and a little more

thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk writes:

> tom
>
>  [1] i think. Indonesia became independent from the Netherlands in
1949,
>  having declared its independence in 1945; i think it was formerly
known as
>  the Dutch east indies.

And the Indonesians used captured Japanese weaponry against the Dutch
IIRC
(or was that the Viets vs the French--could have been both).

Yes, I know.  Which is why I made them "allies" in this case.  The
scenario
background has the FSE "renting" a testing area from the Dutch, but the
Dutch
still own the system.  The IC are working as mercenaries for the FSE.
Both
sides (NAC et al and FSE et al) discover the Kra'Vak facility at about
the
same time and scramble to get forces into position--and since the Dutch
are
the "legal" owners of the place, they come along (besides, this way they
get
first crack at any technology--the Dutch aren't stupid).  And it is
THEIR
system after all.  The IC force commander doesn't get any say in the
matter
anyway--as they just have to do what their employer tells them to do.
So the
situation makes for strange bedfellows--never seen that historically,
right?
:-)

Remember--while the players are on teams, an individual will win (well,
it
could be more than one, but not necessarily).

As for the ships--I scratch-build most of my stuff, so the only FB ships
were
those that I had actually purchased.  For the FSE, the Garibaldi's were
butchered Imperial Star Destroyers from Galoob and the Epee DD were from
the
Silent Death range.  All other non FB ships were scratch-builds.  I
tried to
keep the design philosophies consistent with FB, though, so it shouldn't

really pose THAT much of a problem.

If you play it, let me know how it went for you.

Prev: Re: [DS2] Heavy Gears, redux . . . Next: GZG ECC III - Room needed?