Prev: Re: 4th Heavy Beams Next: Re: [DS2] Heavy Gears, redux . . .

Re: 4th Heavy Beams

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 14:41:01 -0800
Subject: Re: 4th Heavy Beams

At 9:15 AM -0500 2/4/00, Izenberg, Noam wrote:
>  >iow, guaranteed damage at ranges under 6 MU.
>
>You Betcha.  Anyone careless enough to get in that close and inside the
>single arc deserves what they get.

I don't see FT as a game with automatic hits, certainly not for a
full die worth of damage, even without rerolls.

>  > i disagree very strongly with this. could we have -1 for each '6 MU
or
>part thereof' of range instead?
>
>Bleagh. Makes 'em weaker  _and_ more expensive than Ptorps.
>As is, HBW is only superior, per die, to P-torps below 12". A Ptorp is
>superior to _2_ HBW dice at 18-24" with your system. Cripples it with
the
>restricted arc and double system on the SSD.
>
>Even with cost/mass adjustments, why not go for torps?

here's my take on lasers from my B5W conversion:

Laser Weapons
	The base system for all Laser weapons from B5W is the Pulse
Torpedo and all normal PT rules apply
		Additional Range: +1 mass per +3" of range
		Extra damage: +1 mass per +1 damage
		Anti-Fighter capability: 1 Mass, fires as PDF
	Examples:
		Medium Laser (1 Arc, Mass 4 + 1/arc, PV = 3 x Mass)
		EA/Narn Heavy Laser
			+3" range, +2 damage
			Base mass =7 + 1/arc
		Centauri Battle Laser
			+6" range, +2 damage
			Base mass = 8 +1/arc
		Minbari Neutron Laser and Improved Neutron Laser
			+6" range, +2 damage, anti-fighter
			Bass mass = 9 +1/arc

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Like most emails, this one is probbaly a first draft
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: 4th Heavy Beams Next: Re: [DS2] Heavy Gears, redux . . .