Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: 4th Heavy Beams

Re: Sensors

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:15:05 EST
Subject: Re: Sensors

Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca writes:

<< Maybe not. I can agree to
 disagree with the proponents of the "mine eyes must see it" school of
 thought. I'm just glad the space program isn't full of them.... they
learned
 you can trust your equipment (most of the time) and you have to have
that
 trust to accomplish some jobs. I suspect if everyone had the "eyes are
 better" point of view, we'd never have developed a robotics industry,
 today's sytethetic vision systems, night vision, etc..... >>

I tend to agree with your point on letting it go - however the simplest
is
usually the best and last option you will have -even in the Space
program it
was the pilot flying the LEM pushing the command capsule BY  EYE and
star
position that let them get home during Apollo 13 - don't forget that. In
the
event of so many equipment and power failures happening one right after
the
other it was the Mark I eyeball that saved the crew.

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: 4th Heavy Beams