Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Sensors

Sensors vs. Counters.... the pain continues...

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:41:06 -0500
Subject: Sensors vs. Counters.... the pain continues...

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:45:03 -0000
From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@caws.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Tank vision systems

[Sensors]
> Sure, you might take out 15% of them with an artillery barrage.

Somehow I think I'd exceed 15% with a mass barrage of supersticky radar
reflecting paint.

** Hmmm. I think if I were you I'd load that paint with some toxins.
Then
you'll smoke the dope with his head out the top of his tank too. If I
can do
this to the tank, plug up its air intakes. If I can do this to the tank,
make them metal eating nanites instead. If this is a viable threat, your
tank better have a good defence for it. And that won't be just having
your
commander topside.

** Roger has the meet of this issue: Fox the Mark I without foxing the
human
eye? In some cases, I might believe it. But in *more* cases, I can fox
the
human eye without foxing a sensor. As a rule, the eye will be as easy or
easier to fox or destroy (if you expose it) than a hardened sensor
suite.

Thomas Barclay

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Sensors