Prev: RE: Tank vision systems Next: RENEGADE LEGION STUFF

Re: Tanks

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:55:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Tanks

Los wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 02/03/00 05:49PM >>>
> << As does the T80 and the
>  latest Russian tank the T90 also uses an autoloader and a three man
>crew.

>From what I have heard, the T90 is not going mass production.	It's
turbine
engine burns fuel very inefficiently and it makes more than enough noise
let the folks on the other side know you are coming from quite a ways.
They
might look at a different powerplant, but last I heard, they were
planning
to maintain and upgrade previous versions for now.

>  The Russians have been using auto loaders and three man crews for
>years.

A friend of mine who was a tanker told me about how some of the Soviet
autoloaders had a bad habit of accidentally ramming the gunner's arm
into
the breech or catching his clothing.  They also jammed a lot and were
subject to failure.  Of course this was as late as the 70's so I'm not
sure
they are that bad today.

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: RE: Tank vision systems Next: RENEGADE LEGION STUFF