Prev: Re: SG2: scenario with the UN Next: Re: Tank vision systems

RE: Poll on HB Items

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:45:50 -0600
Subject: RE: Poll on HB Items

> > > [2] Re-rolls on 6's for damage.
> >
> > No, changes the system.  Every other "roll a d6 and read damage"
system
> > does not use re-rolls.  P-torps, wave guns, SMs.

One point on this that has not been made is that weapons that ignore
screens
do not get re-rolls.  Only weapons that are effected by screens get to
use
re-rolls.  During the playtesting of FB1, and the initial testing of
re-rolls, I believe this was one of the reasons to add re-rolls, to
balance
out the beams against weapons that ignored screens.

So to follow that rule of FT physics, HBs would get the re-roll if they
are
effected by screens (which I think they should be).

My preferences are to have the re-roll but the initial die had to result
in
a hit for a re-roll (so max range is 36").  I'd also be in favor of
keeping
the range modifiers on the re-rolls (but not the -1 or -2 mod for
screens).
A Class 3 beam that hits at long range (say 30") does not get to roll
3d6 on
a re-roll so why should a HB that hits at the same range get to ignore
all
if it's range modifiers?

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: SG2: scenario with the UN Next: Re: Tank vision systems