Prev: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens Next: Re: Tank vision systems

Re: Tank vision systems

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:05:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

-----Original Message-----
From: Popeyesays@aol.com <Popeyesays@aol.com>

>Yes! Get out and look - but besides that - even if they do look
at a 360 scan
>down to the smallest ant on the battlefield: 1)Human beings
will still want
>to observe with their EYES

(snip variations on a theme)

 Why, exactly?	If I can get optical, thermal, UV, ultrasonic
and radar imaging delivered to the inside of my armor, why would
I want to stick my head out and get shot at?  Just because "I'm
used to it"?  I'd get used to the electronic version pretty
quick,	particularly after seeing a couple of my more stubborn
fellows take a 5.56mm in the head or lungs.
 Think of it as "evolution in action".

Prev: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens Next: Re: Tank vision systems