Prev: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens Next: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens

Re: Tanks

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:32:21 +0100
Subject: Re: Tanks

Los wrote:

>Yes the T64 comes to mind, 3 man crew and auto loader. (Yes I know
>about teh amr thing, porbably happened once or twice...)

It's happened more often than that, I'm afraid. Well, not all of the
accidents were arms - certain other parts have gone too.

>As does the T80 and the latest Russian tank the T90

Um... I'd've said the T84 variants were later/more modern than the T90,
but I won't bet on it <shrug>

>also uses an autoloader and a three man crew.
>The Russians have been using auto loaders and three man crews for
>years. (Maybe it helps field larger forces?)

<chuckle> I doubt that :-/ It helps them build their tanks very low
compared to Western ones though, and about 20 tons lighter as well, and
still have similar armour protection and speed.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens Next: Re: (OT) Naming the Aliens