Prev: Tanks Next: RE: Tanks

For Oerjan and whomever else may be interested in weapons/vehicle design

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:16:42 -0500
Subject: For Oerjan and whomever else may be interested in weapons/vehicle design

BTRC's Guns Guns Guns!
http://www.hyperbooks.com/catalog/10012.html
BTRC's Vehicle Design System.
http://www.hyperbooks.com/catalog/20024.html

Both are books purchasable in PDF format online.

BTRC itself
http://www.btrc.net/

I own Guns Guns Guns! and found it to be reminiscent of Striker II or n
versions of Fire Fusion and Steel as far as construction. It is
complicated.
But what it gives you is a high degree of integration for various weapon
types into a sort of common framework, and with the vehicle builder I'd
imagine you can then build a wide range of vehicles. The thing I liked
about
Striker II was the fact my tank could be built the way I envisioned it
match a mini or to create my own image of one) and the stats fell out
from
the systems I installed and my hull design parameters and my tech level.
Similarly, 3G let me design some neat weapons and provides conversions
for
many systems (and Traveller's Digest produced a 3G conversion chart for
MegaTraveller).

One option for more detailed DS2/SG2 conversions would be to build
vehicles
with a system like this with a conversion table.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008