Prev: Re: Hey Gang? What in hell are ER Salvo Missles? Next: Re: Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III)

(OT) Naming the Aliens

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:52:56 -0000
Subject: (OT) Naming the Aliens

Hi
If this has been mentioned before I apologise but somthing just struck
me
about fictional alien names:

GZGverse has the Kra'vak
2300AD system had the Kafer (who called themselves IIRC Kavak?)
Traveller, the K'kree, AKA Centaurs
C J Cheryh's Compact Space (Pride of Chanur etc) the Kif
David Weber's Apocalypse Troll, the Kangas (because they looked
like....!)
Larry Niven's Known Space, the Kzin
Marvel Comics in the 70s had the Kree
The movie Forbidden Planet has the lost race of the Krell
Peter F Hamilton's Nights Dawn Trilogy has the enigmatic Kiint
and of course there is Star Trek's Klingons

You can see the pattern. I just wondered why it was so popular? Would
anyone
else like to contribute with names.

Tony

Prev: Re: Hey Gang? What in hell are ER Salvo Missles? Next: Re: Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III)