Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Thrust Next: Re: Tanks

Re: Tanks

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:28:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Tanks

It's getting hard to figure out who's saying what.....

> > ** I'm sure the first people who saw tanks made comments about their
> > logistics too.
> > ** Also, why couldn't we give our tankers some light PA to wear?
Safer

> > if they get hit.
>
> It'd be really bulky and uncomfortable? I have a big car, I feel
pretty
> damn uncomfortable wearing one of my motorcycle jackets inside it.
Just
> operating the controls (steering wheel, gear shift, etc).

Tankers already wear that crap inside of tanks. They train and fight in
MOPP4 like the rest of us and I've seen them wearing body armor.
(actually
works pretty good against spalding.) Heck it's a million times easier
for
them to wear the shit than it is for us. And by the way ever see a
fighter
pilot? He's bound up and greared down to where it's a pain in the ass to
move, and often over a dry suit!

> Big fast auto loaders exist, its just that the linkage and such needed
> make them work are really bulky.
>
> <TODAY>

Yes the T64 comes to mind, 3 man crew and auto loader. (Yes I know about
teh
amr thing, porbably happened once or twice...) As does the T80 and the
latest Russian tank the T90 also uses an autoloader and a three man
crew.
The Russians have been using auto loaders and three man crews for years.
(Maybe it helps field larger forces?)

Los

Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet Thrust Next: Re: Tanks