Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Tanks

Re: Tanks

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:19:24 EST
Subject: Re: Tanks

kaladorn@home.com
writes:

<<  Please introduce to one from 2183. I'd like to meet him. There is a
 *world* of difference between today and 2183. it's like me saying "I
 know how infantry will work in 1999  because I know an 1815 Grenadier
 Gaurd". >>

For one thing we don't know that it WILL be one wit different than it is
now.
unmanned RPV's are great - they also make terrific targets and are
downed by
small arms fire. I think the best bet for an RPV for an AFV in the next
couple hundred years is a little ducted fan dome with sensors that is
attached to the vehicle by a datalink cable - you can fire it up and let
it
peek over the hill allowing you to stay hull down (or reverse-slope
which is
a truly favorite tactic for British fighting forces in 1815 by the way
-
the calendar may change but the nature of war doesn't much. We can be
absolutely sure that the primary concern of a soldier in any new dawn
will be
to stay alive, do his time, do his job and get home someday. You do all
that
by keeping your head up and aware the eyeball will never be replaced.

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: Tanks