Prev: [FT] Fleet Thrust Next: Tanks

Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III)

From: Channing Faunce <channing@g...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:47:50 -0500
Subject: Fractional Hull Masses (was: FT III)

Roger Books wrote:

> If the current FB "tie-in" to FT3 is ever turned into FT3 there is
> one little minor change I would like to see, say the minimum hull
> is 10% and let people buy hull just like any other system.  If you
> had 1 hull box take up 1 mass and cost exactly the same as it
> does now you could do the exact same ships as is done currently,
> have added flexibility, and be much less annoying.
>
> Roger (#!$%, I'm one mass over on weapons again, but I want 30%
>	 hull minus one box.)

I came across this when I was trying to determine how much it actually
cost to use fighters (or a Jeanne D'Arc its 69 points), and needed to
use 46% for the Hull boxes to get the same number on a ship without the
Hangers. I don't see why, especialy with the programs / spreadsheets out
there, ships need to be limited to exact multiples of 10%. Other than
easy of doing the math by hand.

--
Channing C. Faunce

channing@glasscity.net
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/index.html

Current projects
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/avalon3d.jpg
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/runaway.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Some people look and say: The glass is half full.
Some people look and say: The glass is half empty.
I look and say: Glass? What glass? We're supposed to have a glass?
     Nobody told me!

Prev: [FT] Fleet Thrust Next: Tanks