Prev: Re: DS2 -- War of the Worlds Next: Tanks

Re: Poll on HB Items and HB Ranges

From: Channing Faunce <channing@g...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:36:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Poll on HB Items and HB Ranges

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> OK, there's two concepts out there that could work, but I need a feel
for
> what people WANT.
>
> [1] Dean's idea to have a BPS simply generate half its capacity in EPs
> every turn. No dice rolling.
>
> [2] Re-rolls on 6's for damage.
>
> Opinions?

1. Regenerating 1/2 every turn works for me. What about paying for both
Capacity and Regeneration for added flexability?

2. I like the rerolls for Penetrating damage. To counter the "but there
aren't any rerolls for SMs and PTs", those (IMHO) are fairly quick
explosions
where HBs do damage over an extended duration and should get Penetration
rolls. The suggestion that the rerolls be modified by range seems
reasonable
to me.

Right now all HB Projectors have the same max range -- 36". Except for
PTs
every other standard weapon has types that have different ranges. Why
not
have different max ranges based on Projector ratings

Projector	   Range		   Max
Rating		    Penalty		    Range

1			 -1 pip per 2"	      12"
2			 -1 pip per 4"	      24"
3			 -1 pip per 6"	      36"
4			 -1 pip per 8"	      48"
etc.

This would give them the same max ranges as current Beam Batteries.  Of
couse
the Mass / Cost of the Projectors would have to be adjusted for this.
--
Channing C. Faunce

channing@glasscity.net
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/index.html

Current projects
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/avalon3d.jpg
http://www.glasscity.net/users/channing/runaway.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Some people look and say: The glass is half full.
Some people look and say: The glass is half empty.
I look and say: Glass? What glass? We're supposed to have a glass?
     Nobody told me!

Prev: Re: DS2 -- War of the Worlds Next: Tanks