Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

Re: Tanks

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:59:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Tanks

On  2-Feb-00 at 16:50, Popeyesays@aol.com (Popeyesays@aol.com) wrote:
> In a message dated 2/2/00 3:38:54 PM Central Standard Time,
> andya@speechsolutions.com writes:
>
> <<
>  How about the extra eyes in the extra tanks,  More automation = less
men
>  driving each target smaller tanks with same protection and fire power
and
>  less tonnage to haul to deploy the force.  Giving you more maneuver
units.
>   >>

> More units - each one less efficent than tanks with larger crews.

You know those in tanks, so the question I would pose is this,	you
are in combat going at it hot and heavy.  What does the loader do?
If he, while being ready at an instants notice, loads ammo AND
looks around, BS's with the boss, communicates with local tanks,
etc, then I'll give that you need a loader.

If all he does is loads then, if you can build an autoloader as
fast that takes up as little or less space, then it is an unnecessary
position.

Just because you the position is unnecessary IN THE TANK doesn't
imply the person is not needed elsewhere or shouldn't be there in
a different capacity.  If a tank group needs spotters/scouts/whatever
they should be there in that capacity.	If our loader is being used
as you say shouldn't he really be equipped as a footsoldier so when
the indigenous personnel take a shot at him he isn't burnt toast?
I know if it were me I would want decent firearms and body armour,
IR enhancement,...

Roger

Prev: Re: Tanks Next: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question