Prev: RE: Tanks Next: Re: Tanks

Re: Tanks

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:45:47 EST
Subject: Re: Tanks

books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

<<
 If you want to argue extra eyes I will keep my mouth shut.  If you
 want to tell me the tank cdr gets lonely and needs someone to
 talk to I'll pretend short range SS doesn't already exist.  You
 want to tell me we need someone in the tank hefting big pieces
 of metal, come on, strength based manual labor has gone the way
 of the dinosaur everywhere else, you only put humans where
 intelligence is necessary.

Hefting the rounds is only part of it - he's also learning how to man
other
positions in the tank - driver, gunner eventually track commander. And
Yes,
face to face - see it with your own eyes - get out and look from over
the
next hill is still part of crewing a tank and wilol be into the
forseeable
future - I know tankers, do you?

Prev: RE: Tanks Next: Re: Tanks