Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 07:32:04 -0800
Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

>Class 1 rolls 1 die, divided by 2 (avg 1.75 rounded to 1)
>Class 3 rolls 3 die, divided by 2 (avg 5.25 rounded to 5)

Got it, however this is too much power. If you use this system, the
battery
will virtually always be full.

>As opposed to:
>Class 1 rolls 2 beam dice (avg 1.6 rounds to 1)
>Class 3 rolls 6 beam dice (avg 4.8 rounds to 4)

Even my system bothered me a little bit that the power regeneration was
little too effective. I would have rounded normally on all those numbers
(2
and 5 for your system, 2 and 5 for mine).

>OTOH I _still_ like the one-size-fits-all emitter best. Again,
>simpler=better.

<rant mode>
Play balance!!! One size fits all is like FT2 hulls: it can't be
properly
balanced and people can them take advantage of the loophole in the
MASS/POINTS.
<rant mode off>

Schoon

Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt