Prev: re: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:55:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

> Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:24:18 -0800
> From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>
> Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt
>
> >OK but cumbersome. The less die rolling and figuring, the better. I
say roll
> >1 die per class level, divided by 2 for total EPs, round down.
Numbers for
> >EP are virtually the same, statisitcally with half the dice and
easier
> >figuring.
>
> The problem with this is that Class 1 BPS and Class 3 BPS both
generate the
> same amount of power. That's not right.
>
> >True, but that measn that 2/4/6 are still the most useful descriptors
of
> >capacitance than Class 1/2/3. But that's a semantic value only
>
> True. I'm willing to concede that if that's what people want.
>
> >Disagree:
> > Beam Emitter: (# = EP emitter is capable of passsing)
> > Emitter 1		  1 MASS  2 POINT COST
> > Emitter 2		  1 MASS  3 POINT COST
> > Emitter 3		  2 MASS  4 POINT COST
> > Emitter 4		  2 MASS  6 POINT COST
> > Emitter 5		  3 MASS  6 POINT COST
> > Emitter 6		  3 MASS  9 POINT COST
>
> I can see this. Do people want this much granularity. 3 Classes works
fine;
> so does your proposal, but I'm trying to keep this simple.

hi all,

actually, what i came up with was to name the BPS with max EP
capacity, recharge dice = 1/2 BPS rating (round down, 1 min),
mass x 2/die EP, cost = mass x 3.  so a BPS-2 would hold 2 EP
and have 1 die recharge.

for emitters, i classed them for the number of EP they can shoot,
1 mass/EP, cost = mass x 3.  emitters may shoot less than their
capacity (but no extra range bonus).

anyway, this was my idea (so far) to keep things simple.

dave

Prev: re: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: RE: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt