Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:30:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt

>I'll try and have a go this way and Noams way this weekend and see
which
>flows faster/confuses me less and get back to you (though 4 days is a
long
>time on the mailer so we'll probably all off discussing something
>completely different by then).

We just need some weay of making a higher class BPS generate more power
than a lower class one. Otherwise it's far better to buy smaller ones.

>Taking note of Brains suggestions maybe they should also lose their
stored
>energy at this point, don't know if they really need to hurt the ship
yet
>though I think that's best left to the final KAPOW!

Agreed. I'll add that.

>There is no to hit, what you roll is the damage you do. OK automatic
hits
>maybe bad ion some peoples opinion, but in the end I THINK it pans out
>(maybe someone with more time can do the number up and prove me wrong,
as
>usual) as with P-torp you have to hit then roll damage so you can
>potentially do just as much damage at 30 as at 6 inches. Whereas with
HBs
>you do more damage at close, but unless you're phenomenally good at
rolling
>6s then you're going to do naff all damage at range (especially if you
>stick in a modifier due to screens - Schoon hasn't stated either way on
>this so he may not, I probably will).

Well put, and you're correct on screens; I'll add it in to the next
draft.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt Next: Re: Heavy Beams - 3rd Attempt