Prev: Re: Israeli APCs Next: RE: Tanks

Re: Re:Tanks vs. APCs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:53:59 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Re:Tanks vs. APCs

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, David Brewer wrote:

> Jane's Armour and Artillery will have the specs. Centurions and
> T-62's, IIRC, increased in height. The troops have to bundle out
> of a big hole in the top of the vehicle, suspiciously turret-ring-
> sized. It's a cheap way to produce an APC fleet but the fuel
> efficiency must be awful... I suppose that, since this is Isreal,
> the American taxpayer picks up the fuel tab one way or another.

The T62's were never converted beyond the prototype stage. They were
getting US made M60s at that point. The Achzarit has a rear door that
runs past the powerpack for debussing the crunchies. It does have a but
load of hatches up top though...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-  No more limits on the 2nd amendment. Enforce the extant laws  -

Prev: Re: Israeli APCs Next: RE: Tanks