Prev: Re: Re:Tanks vs. APCs Next: Re: Israeli APCs

RE: [SG2/DS2] Infantry Walker design rules

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:32:53 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2/DS2] Infantry Walker design rules

Using the MLP works fine for the rocket packs, see:
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/sg/walker.htm

The one thing about multiple weapons on a size 1 walker is they have a
low
survival rate, even against small arms fire.  As soon as they get
targetted
by a heavy weapon, it's goodbye.

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[pirates] Prince Rupert Raspberry; Base Commander

Launcher
> >Pack in Stargrunt terms? Note a limited exposure to Heavy Gear....
Owen

> Not quite.  The main "base weapons" in Heavy Gear consist of 3 grades
of
> Autocannon and 3 grades of Rocket Packs (yes, I know there there are
Very
> Light and Very Heavy versions :-)
>
> Here's the relative base damage multipliers:
>
>   LAC:  x8
>   MAC: x10
>   HAC: x12
>
>   LRP:  x8, -1 Accuracy
>   MRP: x16, -1 Accuracy
>   HRP: x20, -1 Accuracy
>
> The LAC (Medium AutoCannon) is reasonably equivalent to a Class 1
RFAC,
> while the HAC is probably close to a Class 2.  This puts the LRP in
Class
> 1
> damage range, the MRP in Class 2 or 2.5, and the HRP up near Class 3.
> Considering that the Gears that are capable of field an HRP/24 or
HRP/48
> are in the "Heavy Fire Support" category, this is not unreasonable.
>
> Unfortunately, *all* of the Gears are properly Class 1 sized.  The
small
> scout gears tend to be around 4 meters tall, the "trooper" Gears are
4.3
> meters and around 8500 kg, and the "fire support" Gears top out around
5.1
> meters tall and 12,000 kilos.  Striders bump up into the Size 2 or
Size 3