Prev: [OT] Ones (was Re: Tanks vs. APCs ) Next: Re: FT III

[OFFICIAL] Announcement - no change at GZG USA!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:33:15 +0000
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Announcement - no change at GZG USA!

Hi everyone,

I thought that a formal, official announcement was called for to clarify
the situation re: GeoHex, Mr. Paul Perry and the GZG licence for North
America.
As most of the listers will recall, a few months ago there were various
news items and rumours flying around regarding a possible acquisition of
the licence to produce and sell the GZG lines for the NA market by Paul
Perry, who had announced an intention to negotiate with both GeoHex and
myself to this end.
Some of these news items were posted to public forums prematurely, and
without the knowledge of either KR or myself, which caused a few
problems
and not a little confusion, but despite this negotiations did begin in
good
faith.
As of a couple of days ago, however, Paul Perry has informed both myself
and KR that he will be unable to proceed with any further negotiations,
and
has withdrawn from the entire thing; I must stress that this is not
through
any disagreement with any party, but because Paul is unfortunately
suffering a serious health problem which makes it unviable to continue
with
the project - I think everyone would wish Paul all the best for a safe
and
full recovery.
So, for the forseeable future, I am pleased to confirm that KR at GeoHex
will remain the US licencee for GZG products, and I am sure he will
continue to do a good job of promoting the lines within the US games
industry with our full support.

Thanks for reading,

Jon Tuffley (GZG)

Prev: [OT] Ones (was Re: Tanks vs. APCs ) Next: Re: FT III