Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: Re: Max Thrust

Re: Tanks vs. APCs

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:48:44 -0600
Subject: Re: Tanks vs. APCs

***
> Beth, you *really* don't know the true power of the Kochte Field, or
you'd
> know that the same thing that forces a '1' when rolling for Pulse Torp
hits
> also insists on making the dice roll '6' when checking for thresholds
. .
.

Mark is fairly accurate in this statement. I roll a bit above average
when doing Threshold Checks. :-/
***

Very true, though I've discovered that I seem to have been inflicted
with a
version of the field that manifests a diminishing retarder I'll humbly
call,
*ahem*, the Evans Dampening Effect, where the field fails to effect the
dice
outcomes at initial play, but increasingly does so effect with each
subsequent
play of a particular game.

The unscientific call it 'beginners luck', but it can show bizarre
effects
that are entirely opposing what the die roller considers 'good'. I've
been
at a point in a game where I'm so hosed, I'd just like die gracefully
and
try
something else. Of course, impossible dice rolls keep me barely in the
game.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft Next: Re: Max Thrust