Prev: Re: Binary Propellant Guns Next: re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft

Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 08:42:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft

Schoon:

With Power System and Emitters requiring both having a class
progression,
the whole thing could be simplified by uniting the two and simply saying
they count as 2 systems on the SSD:

Class 1 HBW = 5 Mass, 15 points + 1m/3/pts per additional projector
Class 2 HBW = 10 Mass, 30 points + 2m/6/pts per additional projector
Class 3 HBW = 15 Mass, 45 points + 3m/9/pts per additional projector

I see that as pretty expensive, but I'm not doing a damage/mass/cost/arc
comparison. Is a class 1 HBW 25% "more powerful" than a Ptorp?

On the whole, I think I agree with Beth: the Emitter should be a
straight
system w. fixed cost and mass.

Other wrenches into the works. these have the "feel" for me of the B5
beam
weapons:
Extended range:
Higher class HBW's could fire as lower class with extended range. for
example. A class 2 should be able to fire as a class 1 (i.e. 1 die) with
7"
range bands (for max range 42") A class 3 should be able to fire as a
class
2 with 7" bands or a class 1 with 8" bands (max range 48") etc...
Setting
needs to be marked on order sheet during movement plotting.

Focusing:
Lower class HBW's could fire as higher class with lower range. A class 1
could fire as a class 2 with 3"  range bands. Class 2 as class 3 etc.
Setting needs to be marked on order sheet during movement plotting.

Quatloos by the bucket...

Noam

Prev: Re: Binary Propellant Guns Next: re: [FT] Heavy Beams 2nd Draft