Prev: Re: Do my eyes deceive me? Next: Re: Speaking of 15mm...

Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:37:43 -0600
Subject: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

***
An abomination.

The rules I like for ramming are:
Roll D6. On a 1 the crew mutinies and the ship strikes. 2-5 the crew
eject, but the autopilot isn't set exactly right. On a 6, the crew
eject, and the autopilot is set correctly, so follow the normal ramming
rules.
***

To which I'd add a roll for the detonation of the MT missle; largely a
jury-rig, I'd figure good chances for the safeties to keep it from
exploding before the crew has a chance to eject and reach a safe
distance
might fail to disengage.

The exact number on the roll should be able to bring this monster into
proper play balance; I'm just bad on this kind of number-crunching.

However, for a one-off scenerio where such a ship is escourted to try
and crack a particular facility wouldn't be outrageous. Am I thinking
of St. Nazarre(sp?)? I recall Brit use of a converted US destroyer; such
actions occurred during both WWI and WWII. Arguably much further if you
count Neapoleonic fire ships and the like.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Do my eyes deceive me? Next: Re: Speaking of 15mm...