Prev: EFSB: Heavy Beams Next: Re: [FMA] Skirmish

Tanks vs. APCs

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:33:13 -0500
Subject: Tanks vs. APCs

Someone commented that people keep thinking an APC is bulletproof. Heck,
even today (or not long ago at any rate, there may have been a refit), I
saw
a TV program indicating the Bradley was succeptible in some locations to
fire from infantry support arms (Dshk I think).

The Israelis have discovered that a tank hull makes a good APC. I can't
remember if it is a T-55 or T-62 hull or what, but they've created an
APC
that holds 8-10 guys, is real low slung to the ground (a la Tank which
is
what the hull is) and has good heavy armour. It's hard to spot, hard to
hit,
and hard to kill if it is hit. And this was done from old tanks that
were no
longer combat viable, as tanks. But they make a darn good APC.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: EFSB: Heavy Beams Next: Re: [FMA] Skirmish