Prev: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns] Next: Re: M113 APCs and Things

RE: M113 APCs and Things

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:09:20 +1000
Subject: RE: M113 APCs and Things

Hi Mike,

I see what you are getting at with the arty; I also meant that we use
only
the rules as written for the troops buttoned up. Dealing with exposed
troops
is going to be different in a Vietnam/WWII era. In SG the vehicle crew
have
less of a requirement to expose themselves; even head and shoulder and
can
take advantage of the sensors and elecrto-optics of the vehicles.

In your Vietnam period, the Crew Comd and driver is going to be sitting
up
for 99.5% of the time. Even if teh vehicle is caught in teh casualty
radius
of the round and doesn't penetrate the vehicle hull there is a different
and
HIGHER chance that teh exposed/partially exposed crew will suffer wounds
from shrapnel. And this is where I'm suggesting the Hard Cover. In
Position
is where he is hunkered down and looking over the gun sights. Two very
different target aspects for your shrapnel effect indeed.

So, to re-iterate....

The vehicle and troops INSIDE suffer results of Arty Impact vs Veh
Armour as
for Minor hit.

Exposed Crew and Riders are potential casualties from the external
shrapnel
effect.

Just trying to give a more era specific feel.

Cheers,

Owen