Prev: Re: RPG-2? Next: Mini Tournament

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 07:48:01 -0500
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:

> If an HMG is attacking a vanilla M-113 at anything under 1000m, it
will
> go through the sides as if they weren't there, but may be stopped at
the
> front, if only by hitting the engine.
> Basically, vs an HMG being inside or outside makes little difference.

    Right, but just saying that the rounds will pierce the ACAV doesn't
really
help in determining the casualties.  What's the difference in mechanics
if the
HMG firer is targeting the partially exposed gunners or the ACAV itself?

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"The world has no room for cowards.
 We must all be ready to toil, to suffer, to die.
 And yours is no less noble because no drum beats
 before you when you go out in your daily battlefields.
 And no crowds shout about your coming when you
 return from your daily victory or defeat."
 -Robert Louis Stevenson

Prev: Re: RPG-2? Next: Mini Tournament