Prev: RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop Next: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:51:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

All of the things you are talking about ...
tranferring supplies, medical treatment of wounded,
etc. ... are all things that take place in
reorganization. That's the first thing a dropped squad
has to do anyway.

--- Ryan M Gill <monty@arcadia.turner.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Laserlight wrote:
>
> > Ryan Gill replied:
> > >I read it not as supression absolute, but that
> everyone is
> > falling all
> > >over themselves getting new orders,
> redistributing the load of
> > batteries
> > >for the PRC, ammo for the SAW and making sure the
> SGT is comfy
> > while he
> > >waits for extraction.
> >
> > And you'd be doing this while people shot at you?
> If "no", then
> > it's not really a suppression, right?
>
> Ah, no, but, when you are redistributing mission
> critical supplies and
> giving the sarge field aid, its the same effect on
> the team as hugging
> the turf and trying to claw your way into the
> ground. The squad is not
> fighting and the squad is not trying to get to the
> fight. An experienced
> team is going to do all this faster and with more
> finesse than a poor
> team. Hence the way that this rule works.
>
> I realize its not the same thing, however insofar as
> game mechanics go,
> it works great either way.

> - Ryan Montieth Gill	    NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1)
> / AMA / SOHC -
> - ryan.gill@turner.com      I speak not for CNN, nor
> they for me -
> - rmgill@mindspring.com
> www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
> - '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy
> MonteCarlo  -

http://im.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop Next: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop