Prev: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ? Next: Re: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:50:14 +1000
Subject: RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

Well, i think our group interprets the Suppression a little differently.
If
teh Squad Leader was injured then a Suppression is appropriate due to
the
effects of a lost leader; confusion etc. Otherwise the simple breaking
of a
leg or arm is not going to send the whole squad into a grounding hugging
confused fit.....I'm not a jumper but I've spent a lot of time on LZs
and
often a guy injured on landing isn't noticed until he doesn't make it to
the
rally point or someone hears his screaming! In peacetime, safety
requirements usually lead to a flurry of activity as medics and ambo's
look
after the guy. On operations though I'm betting it will be a different
story. Rally, Head Count, find the injured. This doesn't sound like an
example of a Suppressed squad/section.

In game terms the repercussions would include a necessary Re-Org action
as
well as I would say the dispersed troops would need to rally on the
injured
troopers location rather than some other location of choice.

Was the rest of the game played in the same vein? The pointing out of of
'obscure' rules or was this a one off?

How did the rest of teh sceanrio go?

Owen G