Prev: RE: [SG2, DS2] Squad chain-of-command? Next: What is FMA? - Shame on you Jon T!

SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:45:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

All right, I used an air drop for just the second time
over the weekend, and my opponent sprung a rule change
on me from what we have played in the past.

In the rules section that covers the drops, it says
that when a '1' is rolled, the soldier is wounded just
like if the squad had been fired upon. So, my opponent
says that means they get a suppression. If sarge buys
it in the drop, two suppressions.

Is that the way you guys play? I can see an argument
for both sides.

1. Your buddy is injured in the drop, of course that
leads to some confusion.

But,

2. At the rate injuries occur in airdrops, some
injuries are expected to occur.

I always interpreted the "just as if the squad had
been fired upon" to be a modifier to the "wounded."
But I could well be wrong. I don't really care which
way the rule is supposed to be ... I just don't like
it when the other guy knows what a scenario calls for
and waits until something happens, then says, "Oh
yeah, btw, you're boned because I found this rule that
says, 'you're boned.'"

:-)
http://im.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: [SG2, DS2] Squad chain-of-command? Next: What is FMA? - Shame on you Jon T!