Prev: RE: Full Thrust line drawings Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?

Re: [DS2, SG2] Sci-Fi Flavor in Games

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:37:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2, SG2] Sci-Fi Flavor in Games

Laserlight wrote:
> Let us consider what factors would be "more SF in flavor":
> a) exotic terrain--battles on ice caps, giant redwood forests,
> lunar surface, etc.  This could include different atmospheres
> and gravity as well.

	Heh.  I remember in SPI's StarSoldier an amusing
	scenario called "Assault on Zulu Asteroid".
	The asteroid was cylindrical, and rather small.
	So the game map was considered to be joined at the
	top and bottom.
	Ordinarily flying units could be targeted by
	any hostile on the map. On Zulu asteroid, flying units were
	quickly below the horizon if you were north or south,
	but easily targetable if you were east or west.

Prev: RE: Full Thrust line drawings Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?