Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store... Next: Re: [FMA] [Jon ?] Close combat weapons - two systems ?

Re: Full Thrust line drawings

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:59:58 +0000
Subject: Re: Full Thrust line drawings

>Greg wrote:
>
>> Hello.  This is my first posting to the list.
>>

>Welcome aboard
>

>> Does anyone have any line drawings of the other Full Thrust ship
minis
>> that are not illustrated in the Fleet Book?	E.g. both typs of medium
>> freighters, or the older NAC minis like Miyazaki and Hoshino (sorry
for
>> the butchered spelling).
>>

>If I remember correctly, the Hoshino is what the NAC Huron light
cruiser
>used to be called, similarly the standard NAC frigate was previously
called
>the Miyazaki. There has been a distinct 'racial cleansing' of NAC ship
>names to remove unwanted Japanese influences (presumably to open the
way
>for a separate range of Japanese ships sometime in the future). Some of
my
>FT models go back a long way, I bought my first Hoshinos from Jon at a
show
>in Lewisham in about '91 when they were initially released. I remember
him
>showing me the Ark Royal model and being blown away by it.
>
>Tony
>(who's obviously been buying spaceships for far too long now)

Yes, Tony's long memory is quite right.... :-)
The Huron/Hoshino is the same mini, just a name change. The original
Miyazaki had an asymmetrical fin/vane on the port side, which we removed
when we re-moulded it; other than this, the Miyazaki/Minerva are the
same.
Sorry, but we have never had line drawings done of the freighter range;
maybe sometime, when our artist has finished doing all the warship
stuff.... ;-)

Jon (GZG)