Prev: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store ... Next: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store...

Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store ...

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 12:09:07 +1000
Subject: Re: An apology for the unwashed Re: Heard at The Local Game Store ...

G'day guys,

>BDS is the GZG product I've been waiting for for far too long... you
>vacumnheads have a shiny new Fleet Book and a second one coming, but us
>poor groundpounders are _still_ waiting on BDS!

Yes mentioning the possibility of future alien supplements in the
original
rulebook is a bit of a two edged sword... ;)

>An Alien race or three will make SG2 much more appealing to a certain
type
>of SF gamer who doesn't think something's SF unless the table is
covered
>in multi-legged and/or tentacled horrors of some sort...

I must admit I suffer from that, mainly because I don't like playing
'modern' and sci-fi feels awful modern for me. Thus I didn't play DS or
SG
until very recently when I got my aliens going. The saving grace being,
feel, that SG/DS needs very little modification to allow for aliens of
very
different natures (and not just the 'guys in rubber/tin suits' kind).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au