Prev: Re: [DS] daleks (silly) Next: Re: Sculpting Miniatures

Re: [DS] daleks (silly)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:24:19 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS] daleks (silly)

>G'day guys,
>
>Brian suggested:
>>I would also have the Pyro-Daleks weapon work agians soft skined or
open-top
>>vehicles as against infantry in soft cover.
>
>Good idea, thanks!
>
>Jeremey Wrote:
>>I want some Daleks!
>>You've made it sound so interesting that all I want to do is have
hordes of
>>Daleks rolling across the battlefield.
>
>Yes an inspiring sight! ;)
>Only one word of warning, in game terms this is not a cheap army you're
>often looking at opponents with 5x (or more) the number of troops you
bring
>on - like I said hit fast or get swamped by the masses ;)
>
>>Now if they made some cyber men we could have the showdown of the
century :)

>Too true, I've been pondering how to convert existing human figures
into
>cybermen for my son, but as yet no sure fire way unfortunately (and I
>haven't seen any for sale anywhere either).

Frankly, for 6mm I'd just suggest taking some infantry figures (maybe
the
ready-based Irreg ones?) and painting them silver.....

>>Just one or two points (well jokes really) about the dalek rules.
>>
>>> Confidence/Reaction Test Modifiers: Daleks never panic, but they do
cause
>>> panic.
>>
>>So all that screaming, shouting and spinning from side to side when
ever
>an alarm
>>goes off or a certain doctor escapes itsn't panicking :)
>
>Haven't you ever seen a logical search pattern before... "Daleks are
the
>SUPREME BEINGS, WE DO NOT PANIC!" ;)

Someone else once suggested having daleks automatically suppressed for 1
turn the first time they get attacked, so simulate them spinning about
waving their sink plungers and yelling "EXTERMINATE" ....

Aside: some UK listers may remember certain dalek sketches in TV Offal,
which may be best NOT described here  at risk of offending certain
sensibilities.... ;-)

Jon (GZG)

>>> Combat Characteristics: Have 5 damage points, draw 4 chits in
firefights,
>>> but only 2 chits in close combat (damage dealt as normal - i.e. use
>>> standard chit validities).
>>
>>So the 2 chits for close combat reflects the place sack over Daleks
>>head or the spin it around till its dizzy tactics :)
>
>You guessed! ;)
>
>>> Marine: Essentially small submersible Daleks.
>>
>>Oh I was looking forward to Daleks with inflatable water wings.
>
>;)
>
>>Ok enough sillyness. Were the Daleks from Irregular Minatures?
>
>Yep code number is NSF7 Robot Attack Class (2 in a pack) at a cost 55c
AU