Prev: Re: Double-edged Mecha Next: RE: [FT] Plasma Vortex Projector

Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:06:12 +1000
Subject: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)

G'day Roger,

>It looks like the NSL is the group to contend with, I still maintain
>we need a point adjustment if the quality counts in a signigicant
>manner.

I agree to a large degree (especially if built into standard FT), but I
haven't sat down and specifically hammered anything out as under Erratic
Thrust there are pluses and minuses to all the races (e.g. ESU has porer
troops but is allowed to have more of them etc). After I've played a few
games I'll re-evaluate whether these haev to be explicitly costed.

>Of course, you aren't going for Quality FT, you are working on what
>looks like a different game that is based on FT.

Yes it is probably significantly different, but most of that has to do
with
movement and removing the strict sequence of move, fire etc. I've
finished
the rules conversion I just need to have a couple of games with Derek to
see how it works and then I'll pass it on to any who're interested.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Double-edged Mecha Next: RE: [FT] Plasma Vortex Projector