Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

Re: [ds2, sg2] Weird Idea - Permasmoke

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:37:36 EST
Subject: Re: [ds2, sg2] Weird Idea - Permasmoke

What would be the effect of this if delivered as an artillery barrage on
top
of an infantry position? Suffocation, immobilization, or would they be
able
to counter it immediately, either with small arms, mortars, and
engineering
equipment, or by using the catalyst? Would differing forces use
different
chemical compounds requiring different catalysts to remove? Could it be
color
coded to act as markers for other units, for instance, order arty to
fire a
green permasmoke at the crossroads, and order your armor to attack to
the
left of the green permasmoke and your power armored infantry to attack
into
it?
Don't get me wrong, I love this idea. just trying to bring up ideas on
how to
use and balance it. :-)

In a message dated 1/22/00 10:16:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bkb@beol.net
writes:

> Greetings,
>    I was up too late and had this weird idea for SF combat --
permasmoke.
>  What's permasmoke? It is an aerosol compound that is delivered using
>  artillery shells, modified smoke projectors (vehicles), or by
grenade. The
>  compound comes in two parts. The first part is sprayed into the air
cover
>  an area. The second part is released and creates a reaction. The
reaction
>  generates a solidifying foam (think of expanding foam for
insulation). This
>  creates a permanent smoke on the battlefield. The permasmoke can be
removed
>  by using a catalyst on it. It will also degrade over time if exposed
>  rain. It is also easily damaged. It hit by heavy weapons fire
(non-infantry)
>  it takes damage. Give it 6 hit points. Damage is done by chit draw
(all
>  colors valid, boom chit removes it completely, other specialty chits
no
>  effect).
>

>  ---
>  Brian Bell
>  bkb@beol.net
>  http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/
>  ---

John Rebori
Don't think of it as being outnumbered
Think of it as having a wide shot selection

Prev: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast